walk to the moon =)

My photo
ahmad shukri bin haji safian. uitm segamat. dip in investment analysis ...

Thursday 9 June 2011

BEL120 - Noun



The simple definition is: a person, place or thing
teacher, school, book
Countable Nouns, Uncountable Nouns
Why is this important? Why do some nouns have no plural?
dog/dogs, rice, hair(s)
Proper Nouns (Names)
Do we say "Atlantic Ocean" or "the Atlantic Ocean"? Should I write "february" or "February"?
Shirley, Mr Jeckyll, Thailand, April, Sony
Possessive 's
Adding 's or ' to show possession.
John's car, my parents' house
Noun as Adjective
Sometimes we use a noun to describe another noun. In that case, the first noun is "acting as" an adjective.
love story, tooth-brush, bathroom
Compound Nouns
A compound noun is a noun that is made with two or more words.
tennis shoe, six-pack, bedroom.
Noun is a word used to name a person,animal,place,thing and abstract idea. Nouns are usually the first words which small children learn. This is type of noun : common noun , proper noun, noun-countable, possessive noun, countable noun, abstract noun, concrete noun and collective noun. In these activities, we need to answer the questions given by Miss Zu in the slide show ..This learning will make us better remember. I like very much to learn in this way .. frankly, I did not understand English are taught in school, expecially I do not know how to writing essay, but after studying with Miss Zu, I can accept a little bit of knowledge that is given .. I love English

No comments:

Post a Comment